Thursday, March 6, 2008

reflecting on our one night get-a-way


So we traveled to Duluth for one night so Wylie and Kasey could go to the water park hotel we have been promising all winter. We were supposed to go in December but my mom tore her rotator cuff and couldn't watch Tori, so we rescheduled it. Then my mom found out she needed major back surgery so we cancelled yet again. I think it is time to expand our babysitter list . . . So we went with all of us, yep all five of us, and got a two room room thinking we can put the kids to bed and have some time to ourselves . . . what were we thinking. Better this way then being asked every day "how many days til we go to the waterpark hotel?" from a four year old who is still confused that when he wakes up from his nap it is the same day as when he woke up that morning :)

Well I can say I was not asked that today! They enjoyed themselves and played in the water, played at the arcade, stayed up late, had pizza and even got to sleep in the king size bed with mom. Mom and Dad, well we were just glad they had a good time. That is what being a parent is all about. After all, they have had just as long of a fall, winter and now spring as I have.

I did find a note on my glass the night we got home that said, " I love you and love going on trips with you and the ___, no just you!" from Jacques. (pretty funny!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!