Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Potty Training #2


So we are on day number 4 for potty training Kasey. So far so good, knock on wood. I finally just decided that I was tired of buying diapers and that she is a bright girl and should be able to get the hang of it even though she is only 2 1/2 years old. First day, I made a big deal about the whole thing. We picked out underwear (Dora and princess) and our reward candy for going potty on the toilet. Wylie is just as excited about it telling Kasey her Dora underwear are "beautiful" and that "you look cute,kasey" in her princess underwear. Do I have a kind hearted boy or what?

I am proud to say that we have gone 4 days now with out an accident. Not sure who is more excited when she goes on the toilet. It is a close call-Wylie? Mom? or Kasey? Wylie is genuinely proud or her when she goes. She is proud of herself too but don't tell her "Kasey you are such a big girl now." Because she will snap at you "no, I just a GIRL."

There is no turning back now-I am sure we will hit some big bumps but I have committed to potty training and she is on board. So giddy up! Wish us luck ;)

No comments: