Sunday, May 18, 2008

My birthday weekend . . .



So it was my 29th birthday on Friday and I have to say I am okay with being in my last year in my twenties . . . next year might be tougher! We had a good day. Jacques didn't work and we took the kids to the park, had lunch together and then had some friends and my Dad ( my mom was at my grandma's celebrating her 97th bday) over for dinner/cake. It was a beautiful day and we were outside 'til 9pm when I realized it was time for the kids to crash, which they did within minutes. Their mean Mom usually makes them go to bed by 8pm, nice out or not! Wylie and Kasey went shopping with Jacques to pick out the decorations, cake and gifts. I knew I was not getting much since I have become a Bon Jovi groupie, attending my 4th concert (in four months) in July in Detroit with three friends for the weekend. I know it is a bit much!! The kids picked out pink decorations and The Car Movie plates, party hats etc. (it went real well together :) ) They picked out a delicious chocolate cake and a few gifts. I did get the ipod shuffle so I have to now try to figure that out in "my spare time." I went shopping with a good friend Saturday afternoon in Stillwater and out to dinner so that was my "my time." It was fun! All in all just had a nice weekend, weather was great, spent time with family and friends. Going out tomorrow ( Monday) with two childhood friends for dinner to top it off! Here are a few pictures.

No comments: