Thursday, November 20, 2008

OH boy . . .

I have been reminded by many that I have not updated our blog in months so here goes. Although there are many days that I just can't wait 'til 8pm (bed time) and swear the day is crawling by I am not sure where the past two and a half months have gone. Here is what we have been up to:
SEPTEMBER
  • Wylie started Kindergarten Prep Monday through Fridays for three hours. I think he really enjoys all the activities that they do, he thrives on structure and keeping busy. Thank goodness for my "peek at the week" given to us by his wonderful teacher so I know he is doing something on a daily basis because when I pick him up everyday I always ask him, "Wylie, How was your day& What did you do today?" Wylie responds like a typical teenager, "Good and Nothing!"
  • I took Wylie and Kasey to Chicago for three nights. We had a great time and kept very busy while we were there. In one day we all (me, Wylie, Kasey, Ella and Jess) took the train, rode the city bus and took a water taxi. In between all the transportation excitement we went to the Shedd Aquarium, had lunch and went to the Children's Museum. At the end of the nine hour day spent downtown Chicago as we walk in the door Wylie asked "what are we going to do fun today?" That was our cue to open our bottle of wine.

  • We went to Sever's Corn Maze with my close friend and her family. It is a fall festival full of kid friendly activities. They have a petting zoo with exotic animals; kangeroos, ostrich's, a zedonk ( yep half donkey, half zebra), monkey's and many more. I learned I do NOT like ostrich's as they would eat you if they could, they are just mean mean birds (they are a bird, right?) The kids enjoyed a corn pit to jump in, listened to music, took a hay ride and did the kid's hay bale maze. It was a great family event we spend with wonderful friends.
  • Jacques' youngest sister, Greta got married. . .
  • I got to get out with the girls and see one of my favorite bands, LoCash Cowboys. I drank too much, danced too much, and it took me a good two days before I was back to myself. It was truly one of the most fun nights I have had though in a while. So much so that you will see in October, I did it again only back to back nights . . . OCTOBER:
  • Kasey was asked to be a "friend" at her friend's dance class. So we dressed Kasey up and went to dance. She was so excited to go and even to see her friend but then when class started she froze and sat on my lap and refused to participate. So little Miss Tori stole the show and joined in. It was one of the cutest things I have seen in a while. She loves music and is not at shy, as long as you don't try to pick her up. Kasey below in the pink. Tori is in the blue stripes.

  • We did some more fall festival, picked apples, more hay rides more fun. The kids really loved picking apples, I think Wylie must have picked 20 or more and wanted ALL of them. They ate their first hotdog on a bun and realized Mom was not lying when I said it was better to eat it on the bun than plain.Tori fell asleep for the first time in the car since she was a little baby which is darn near a miracle and has not happened since which is just not right when you read what we did the following weekend in October.
  • I decided it was finally time to take Tori up to see my 97 year old Grandma for the first time. So my Mom and I drove up with all three kids ( 6 hours one way) and drove back home after a short 3 hour visit with my Grandma. You guessed it, Miss Tori did NOT sleep one minute in the 12 hours we were in the car. She is a stubborn little thing, which worries me slightly because I thought Kasey was stubborn but I think Tori might have her beat. I am in trouble in my years to come. I don't know where they get that stubborness . ..My Grandma looked great and it made her so happy to get to see all the kids and to finally meet Tori after 15 months. My kids amazed me yet again by being so great in the car ALL day, they just continue surprise me and remind me that they are such well behaved, nice little kids. Remind me of that next time we talk if I am complaining about my day . .
  • I had two nights out with the girls to listen and watch LoCash again. It was a fun time, again danced a lot, drank a lot and had a good ol' time. No need for any drunken pictures, you haven't seen my Halloween update yet.
  • So Halloween ended the month of October wonderfully. Jess and Ella joined us for a few days to hang out and trick or treat. Ella wasn't sure of the whole thing but we did manage to get one picture of her as a pink care bear before she took off her costume and refuse to put it back on. Kasey was a cat (again), Wylie was a nascar driver (#88 Earnhardt) and Tori well she was nothing, but a cute baby sporting some cute halloween clothes. The weather was great, the kids in the neighborhood were crazy, must have had over 100 trick or treaters and Kasey is still talking about those scary faces. "Those are just masks," she tells me as if she is trying to convince herself of just that. We also had our good friends over to enjoy the night.
  • Oh yeah and I can't forget our Halloween party that me, Jess and Sarah attended at a golf club and listened and danced to the Dweebs all night. It was a fun night and we are so fortunate that Jacques caught our "after bar" all on video as we stumbled through the front door and feel in the hallway (don't worry we had a sober cab). I have since deleted the video after Jess and myself both watched it and laughed, I watched it again a few days ago and realized there is no need for anyone to ever see that video. Plus, no need to give Jacques anything to black mail me with. Fun times! ( sorry Jess for the pictures) NOVEMBER:
  • That brings us almost up to date minus all the funny things my kids have said that I have been too busy too write down and now which can't remember. Shoot. Oh well, for those of you that know and see my kids often you have probably heard many funny things so I don't feel so bad. Tori has started talking and saying a few words, mama, da, ball, baby and figuring out how to get what she wants and if you don't listen she will grab your finger and walk with you to show you what it is she "needs" so badly. She is truly a character and is nothing like I remember the other two being. I can't wait to see her turn into a little girl. I do believe we are in trouble for when she does start talking, between her and Kasey we might not ever get a break from listening to them. The car used to be my quiet time and now it is non stop talk from Kasey about anything she can think of and in depth. Oh, and if I say "Kasey, Mom is talking to Dad" or something like that she says all snappy "but Mommm, I just talking to you." No kidding she talks NON STOP.
  • My brother, Dan was in town with Ella for five days so that was nice to get some more time with Ella. Our kids just love spending time with her. They miss her a lot when she is gone. Asking already how many days until we can see Ella Bella again.
  • We got our first family picture in years. . . .
  • Things we are looking forward to: My closest friend is having her third baby tomorrow, she will then have three kids under 3 1/2 years old (just like me 16 months ago). I am looking forward to helping her out as I know how hard the first months can be.
  • Thanksgiving we are having my parents, Dave and his girlfriend over before nap time then heading to Jacques' sister's house here in Hudson for after naps for some more food.
  • Jacques and I are heading to Lutsen in December for our 6th wedding anniversary. We are looking forward to the two days away. I am also going to finally use those brand new skiis I bought 7 years ago (had them checked today and we are set to go). Wish me luck! and then CHRISTMAS WITH THE FAMILY! I love the holidays and I am so excited to see the kids excitement this year! The kids make the Holidays! Happy Thanksgiving to you all, sorry for the long blog. I will try to do better in the months ahead.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah! Worth the wait. Now don't leave us hanging for so long again!

Sarah said...

I second what your sister-in-law says!

No need to apologize, just keep up the updating! :)

The 'kid quotes' you did remember definitely made me smile. Such cute ages!

Have a great week!

SarahG said...

Cute blog. I just started one for my family, and I have one for school too. check it out at http://griffinshenanigans.blogspot.com/